Miami Massage Therapy
900 6th St. # 34
Miami Beach, FL 33139 (786) 399-0048
Have you ever wanted to go for a massage therapy session but didn’t know what type of massage therapy to get? Massage therapy is a very diverse field of work and there are many types of massage therapies to choose from that range from full body massage to highly targeted methods that relieve muscular pain and dysfunction. Five of the most popular types of massage are Swedish massage therapy, deep tissue massage therapy, Hot Stone Massage Therapy, Sports Massage Therapy, and Neuromuscular Massage Therapy.
1. Swedish Massage Therapy is the most common type of massage therapy in the United States and perhaps the world. Swedish massage therapy is known for its long gliding strokes, kneading strokes, friction strokes, and percussion as well as joint movements that feel great while improving range of motion. Swedish massage therapy is most often thought of as a “spa” type of massage therapy, but it’s much more than that. Swedish massage therapy is great for reducing stress, improving circulation, improving range of motion of your joints, and helping you actually feel better in your own skin. Swedish massage therapy can range from light pressure to a heavier pressure depending on your comfort level. It’s more than just a “feel good” massage therapy it is very therapeutic massage therapy.
2. Right behind Swedish massage therapy in popularity and availability, Deep Tissue Massage Therapy is one of the best known and most often requested types of massage therapies. This massage therapy shares some strokes and techniques with Swedish massage therapy and is used to root out chronic tension stress and pain in the deeper musculature and connective tissues that contribute to pain and loss of range of motion in joints. While some massage therapy practitioners use a heavier, sometimes uncomfortable pressure in Deep Tissue Massage Therapy it should be noted that a more moderate pressure can reach deep tissues and achieve great results with little discomfort.
3. Hot Stone Massage Therapy – this type of massage therapy is probably the most relaxing and luxurious massage being given today. Heated basalt stones are added to the massage therapy and are used by the massage therapist to perform a mini heat treatment as well as gliding massage strokes that seem to melt away stress and tension and pain.
4. Sports Massage Therapy – just like it sounds, Sports Massage Therapy is geared toward athletes at every level from professional to the “weekend warrior” and those who strive for a higher level of fitness. Rather than a specific form of massage therapy, Sports Massage Therapy is generally a combination of massage therapy techniques tailored to the athlete’s needs. The Sports Massage Therapy might be applied to one area to relieve pain or might be more general in nature to assure overall performance.
5. Neuromuscular Massage Therapy – also called “NMT” or Neuromuscular Massage, Neuromuscular Therapy is a well known massage therapy technique for relieving muscular pain, and muscle spasm throughout the body. Neuromuscular Massage Therapy is effective with myofascial trigger points causing “referred” pain that originates from someplace other than where it’s felt. This massage therapy technique uses very targeted compression and friction massage therapy techniques, positioning, and stretching to release the myofascial trigger points in muscles as well as restrictions in tendons, muscular attachments, and sometimes fascia surrounding the muscle.
All of the massage therapy techniques described here can help you receive the health benefits of massage therapy. Of course there are many more massage therapy techniques available that are relaxing, stress reducing, and that relieve chronic tension and pain. You actually don’t have to know what type of massage to ask for, you just need to know what you want to achieve. Do you just want to relax? Reduce muscle soreness? Relieve pain? Improve posture? Ask your massage therapist what they recommend for your particular health needs and get massage today.
Our massage therapists are friends and work together. The massage therapists may at times mirror each other, with one massage therapist taking the left side of the body and performing Shiatsu while the other simply mirrors the that massage therapist and perform Shiatsu massage therapy on the other side of the body while the third massage therapist is massaging the feet or performing Reflexology on the feet. Miami Massage Therapists will use deep tissue massage therapy, Thai massage therapy, Swedish massage therapy as well as other massage therapy techniques on this menu to provide the public with the very best massage therapy experience available.
Combining petrissage and effleurage strokes with other massage therapy techniques that are designed to relax the body and mind as well as eliminate stress, tension, and pain. With multiple massage therapists implementing these relaxing and therapeutic massage therapy techniques on areas of the body like the feet hands back legs and arms will recieve at least four 400% more attension and therapeutic relief than in a standard high quality sixty minute massage therapy session with one massage therapist.
Miami Massage Therapists are listening to what you want to achieve in your therapeutic massage therapy session. We encourage the public to communicate and request special attention in those stress, tension and pain areas so we can help you eliminate the discomforts you carry.
Feel free to request specific massage modalities, such as Refexology, Cranial Sacral, and Lymphatic massage therapy during your massage therapy session. Our Miami Massage Therapist’s are happy to accommodate you and want to provide the best customer service available. Massage therapists can custom tailor your therapeutic massage session to the your requests so please feel free to communicate freely.
With other examples Miami Massage Therapists will focus on a specific areas of the body, with one massage therapist working Sports Massage on the back and neck and and the other massage therapist performing Thai massage therapy on the Glutes and hamstrings. Miami Massage Therapists four hands massage therapy combines multiple styles of massage therapy techniques in a massage therapy session. One massage therapist may be using Thai massage therapy techniques and the the other massage therapist using Reflexology massage therapy techniques on the legs and feet.
There are so many relaxing massage therapy techniques and massage therapy styles that can be performed in a 45, 60, or 90 minute massage therapy session that if you have never had a professional Four hands or a six hands massage therapy then schedule yourself and give yourself one of the very best massage therapies available, you will be happy you did!